“If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.”
Mo Willems, Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Summer Intensive Sand Therapy Training



Training in sand therapy includes: full immersion in use of sand with symbols, four theories, principles and best practices, ethics for using sand, the role of the therapist, boundaries for the clinician, principles that ground work in sand - - the therapist’s experience and work with clients. Each of these 6-hour sessions is rich in creativity and explorations of meaning, intensive, and set up to give therapists personal feedback, guidance with special client populations, and participant’s unique skill set/ clinic or school setting. We cover the basics as well as advanced material, and the relevance of culture. The primary theories are existential, humanistic (client-centered), Jungian, and Narrative/ social constructionist perspectives.
 The Case Consults focus participant client work, construction of client sand scenes, therapist sand scenes reflecting their experience with clients, and the application of theory and best practices for using sand and symbols. Always an emphasis on ethical use of sand and symbols.  I bring my four decades of clinical work, my immersion in sand therapy for over 35 years, my doctoral research on sand for cultural implications, and 16 years case consultations working with therapists from mental health disciplines.
The description of Level I is under the Advanced Clinical Sand Therapy tab (click here). I cover the same material in all Level I sessions; tailored to meet the unique needs of participants.
I provide an organic lunch for the 6-hour sessions.
Let me know if you need additional information. Regards, Dee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each
time a comment is added I get three emails with the
same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
Thanks!

Cultureplay Staff said...

We have no way to do that for you. You'll have to go into your account and tell it to stop notifying you. Sorry, but Blogger doesn't give me the ability to do more than accept or reject comments or block spammers.